Monday, July 30, 2007

I'd find that soothing.

Occasionally, I am pissed. But not today. I'm getting over it. I always do. Because I can't stand to be pissed and unhappy. I have better things to do. Always. If I'm getting out of sorts, I need to find a way to get back on track again. I refocus. On the positive. On nice thoughts. On sweet dreams. I get pissed. But I know enough not to stay pissed. Some folks are pissed forever and ever. Imagine living that way. It's got to be consuming. Detrimental to one's being. Anyway, I was awakened the other morning by the pitter-patter of a steady rain. It sounded so good. Do you ever listen to rain? I think I'd like to have a metal roof. A tin roof. And every time it rained, I'd hear ping, ping, ping. And maybe pong, pong, pong. I think I'd find that soothing. --Jim Broede

No comments: