Monday, July 30, 2007

In my roles...

I’m going to call my blog “Broede”s Broodings.” Now some people will say that connotes to think anxiously or gloomily about something. But there’s an alternative definition –to sit quietly and thoughtfully. To meditate. That’s how I brood. I’ll make Broede’s Broodings a positive blog.

When I wrote a Broede’s Broodings column for a weekly newspaper in the 1960s, it was sort of a romantic thing. I fantasized. About love. And about life. I was looking for a Jeanne. And that’s what I found. My true love. And we were married on June 11, 1969.

I suppose that in this blog, I’ll pick up where I left off. My broodings will be special. Out of the ordinary. I’ll meditate. About love. And friendship. About events. And about people. About notions. About how I cope. With life. In my roles as romantic idealist, free-thinker, liberal and lover. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Marlene said...

I like 'Boede's Broodings. It fits you. Your brooding makes me want to slow down. Draw in a breath...

Happy Brooding!!!--M