Monday, July 30, 2007

To be happy again. That's my nature.

One way I stay reasonably happy is NOT to set too high expectations on outcomes. For instance, with the Chicago Cubs. Sure, I’d like to see them win the World Series. But settling for an interesting season should be enough. And it’s been interesting so far. The Cubs have come from 9 games under .500, to 6 or 7 above. They’ve come from 8 ½ games out of first, to within a game or so of first. So what could easily have turned into a disastrous season, hasn’t been too bad. So far. That’s the way one has to think. Not to become despondent. Or unhappy. Think positively. See some good in it all. I suppose in my dealing with people, with the human race, that’s what I need to do, too. Don’t set the standard or expectations too high. One will be only disappointed. Instead, look for a consolation. Tell myself, hey, it could have been worse. And look at the funny side of life, too. Know how to laugh. I mean, genuinely laugh. Not fake it. I started out pissed over something that happened to me recently. But as time wanes, I see the humorous side of it. The good side. The fact that I’m prepared to launch a blog. Which I probably wouldn’t have done if I hadn’t become pissed over the situation of being censored in another forum. It’ll give me a new level of satisfaction. Of happiness. For having been pissed and sad and disgruntled and depressed. I looked for a way to rebound. To be happy again. That’s my nature. --Jim Broede

No comments: