Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And once you've loved, you love forever.

The oppressed need a friend. Someone they can commiserate with daily. Someone on the scene. Someone that can take them out of their doldrums and give them hope. Daily. The friend can be a man, a woman, maybe even an animal. A cat. A dog. A bird. An iguana. Someone, something alive – that helps them feel the pulse of life. A physical present friend. Or as I have, a spiritual friend. I still have Jeanne. That enables me to survive. Because I am what I am. A romantic idealist, a free-thinker and a liberal. The other day, someone called me a poet. Which amuses me. But it’s true. That’s what keeps me going. Life is poetry. I live like a poet. I don’t necessarily write poems. I try to live poems. I like to feel alive. And happy. And in love. I like to dream. All poets dream. I love being alive and conscious and passionate. I overcome sadness. By thinking. About having loved. And about feeling love at the moment. And by projecting love into the future. By acknowledging the existence of a spirit world. Based solely on faith. Because I want to believe. Even if I’ve deceived myself. That’s acceptable. Because I’m allowed to dream. That’s part of being a poet. Anyway, someone else called me a lover of words. I’m more than that. I’m a lover, period. I’ve loved. And once you’ve loved, you love forever. --Jim

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

What never ceases to amaze me is how so many people can be so hateful and angry. I imagine it to be so very debilitating. I mean, I used to be angry. Over this and that. And it was so emotionally draining. It took everything out of me. Now, I can't remember the last time I was angry. It was so long ago. And I feel much better for it. Oh, I'll still get annoyed. With things. With people. But not angry. I think that's a major achievement in my life. Understanding that I don't have to be angry. It's a matter of choice. So much easier to find something to love. --Jim Broede