Saturday, August 4, 2007

Laughing makes me happy again.

I guess my problem is that I’m insensitive to some degree. Especially toward people that I perceive to be insensitive themselves. We have plenty of ‘em on the Alzheimer message board. Oh, I won’t bother to name names. Because I may be wrong. But they often enough accuse me of being insensitive. And they may be right. I’m not always the most sensitive guy. Funny, isn’t it? The insensitive accuse the insensitive of being insensitive. It’s a circle.

Occasionally, I become fatigued by it all. Mentally. Emotionally. By all the hate I see. In the world. And even on the message board. Everywhere. And it disappoints me. Discourages me. I try to be happy. Upbeat. Positive. And sometimes I misfire, I guess. I alienate. I come off as condescending and arrogant and pompous and insensitive and insincere. Maybe because I want to fix things. Change things for the better. Change the world. It’s hard for me to say to other people, “Oh, you poor thing.” Instead, I tell ‘em, don’t worry, be happy. Get over it. Maybe that’s because I try to do that myself. Yet, I’m surrounded by so many, many unhappy people. And maybe that makes me sad. When I’m trying to be happy. It’s almost as if I’m supposed to be sad to make them happy. So funny. Life is funny. Makes me laugh, thank goodness. Laughing makes me happy again. --Jim Broede

No comments: