Sunday, September 2, 2007

The price one has to pay...for complaining.

Allow me to teach you how to read this blog, please. First, try to read something you like. If you start reading a thread you don’t like, bounce over it, to another. Keep going. Until you find one that turns you on in a favorable way. If you reach the double digits and still haven’t found an appropriate thread – well, maybe it’s best that you forget it. This blog probably isn’t for you. No sense in wasting your time. I think most open-minded people will like reading broede’s broodings.. It’s a little like picking up a newspaper. I never read a newspaper that I liked totally. I would always pick and choose between the articles. Some stories I liked. Others I didn’t. I’m a discriminatory reader. If one goes to the comments section of this blog, you’ll find plenty of folks that tell me what they don’t like. And some, thank gawd, tell me what they like. My kind of positive thinkers. Well, my advice for the gripers and chronic complainers is to go elsewhere. Find another blog. More to your liking. You won’t hurt my feelings. However, if you have an open mind and want to learn something, by all means, stick around. That doesn’t mean that you complainers have to leave. You still have freedom of choice. I can understand that some of you aren’t happy unless you have an opportunity to complain. If that’s what makes you happy, I’ll listen. To what ever you have to say. Because I’m courteous. And I'm a nice and considerate guy, too. I won’t necessarily accept your complaints as legitimate. But hey, you can’t have everything. It’s also possible that I may poke fun at you. But again, that’s the price one has to pay…for complaining. –Jim Broede

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to pay a price for complaining here? Far out! There have been SEVERAL people that have left posts for your site, and we all wonder why you only post a few, but none of the ones we left? This isn't a blog Jim it is a dictatorship after all! You are like the little boy who has to have it his way, or he picks up his toys and stomps home! lol This is rich! Most of the postings on this dumb blog are you talking to yourself...do you notice that? You post, then you respond MANY TIMES! By the way this is not a complaint, it is just factual information. I wish you'd put something on here worth reading. Give me at least that much, after all I keep coming back to see if this blog has improved...I am giving it a chance at least.

Broede's Broodings said...

Dear Anonymous:

It's a rare comment that doesn't get in. I think only, two or three. Because they were in poor taste. I pretty much let everything get by. Even the dumb comments. Actually, I think that's a smart move on my part. Shows that I don't discriminate against dumb people. As for you, anonymous, I think you show signs of being smart. Because you keep coming back. You know a good blog when you see it. Be honest. Admit it. This is a darn good and a unique blog. We really have something to say. But it's really not for dumb people. Only smart ones. The dumb ones won't catch the drift. --Jim Broede

Anonymous said...

Anonymous--- If I remember correctly...in the past...Jim has given the following reasons for not including some comments: Crudeness; Rudeness; and Redundancy.

In all honesty...This is his blog and he neither owes any one an explanation nor is he under any obligation to post all comments.

By definition a blog is a collection of personal thoughts...so...This one qualifies.

If the content is not to your liking...Vote with your mouse and find something else to do.

Anonymous said...

Allow me to teach you how to write a blog. Write something worth reading and do so in an interesting style.
Try writing at least one sentence that doesn't start with "I" or "me".
Try try try. I've seen more interesting grade school newspapers. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Broede's Broodings said...

Dear Anonymous:

I think we're getting more readership than many grade school papers. We're at 4,200-plus hits, and counting. And we've been in business only 4 weeks. Not a bad start.

And hey, if we've managed to put some people to sleep -- well, look at it this way. We may have found the cure for insomnia. I wonder if I can cash in on that. And make a profit, like a true American capitalist. --Jim Broede

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooh I guess you "put me in my place" LOL

Broede's Broodings said...

No, dear Anonymous, I don't put you in your place. You put yourself into your place. You make the choice. You ultimately decide. for instance, whether you will be happy or unhappy, whether you love or you hate, whether you believe in god or disbelieve. I don't make those choices for you. I make them for myself, and only for myself. I have no power to dictate, to force you to be this or that, to believe or not believe this or that. We are all free. We all make our own choices. --Jim Broede