Monday, December 31, 2007

The wooing...has returned dividends.

When I am on my computer I am hardly ever alone any more. Both of my cats, Chenuska and Loverboy, have gotten used to the cushion on the right side of my large desk. Even when I'm not at my desk, they still come up to occupy that soft cushion. At this moment, it's just Chenuska. She's so at peace. Her paws tucked beneath her. Her eyes closed. Not sure where Loverboy is now. But often, he jumps up. Then begins grooming her with his tongue. And soon, she returns the favor. And they're passionately grooming each other. Mainly, the tops of their heads. Then, they'll settle down. And just cuddle. But occasionally, Loverboy will get aggressively amorous. Even though he's neutered. He still has the instinct. And that will get Chenuska very much peeved. And she runs away. Making sounds of annoyance. Loverboy may chase her around the house for a while. But soon he gives up. And settles down once again. They are so entertaining. They really do like each other. But it took about a year for them to really get fully accepting of each other. Loverboy maybe was ready from the start. But Chenuska -- well, she wasn't quite ready. But Loverboy did the proper wooing. And it has returned dividends

No comments: