Sunday, January 27, 2008

As just what it is -- an unexplainable blessing.

I am thinking about loves that have gone awry. Nice loves. Only to have the bottoms drop out. So many that I have seen. But that I have never experienced. And I wonder why. And maybe it's because the lovers became too mindful. Too intelligent. Too smart. Wanting an explanation for everything. A scientific analysis. My kind of love allows for the complete loss of the mind. Yes, crazy love. One does not need an explanation. One just accepts. The pure pleasure of being in love. As just what it is -- an unexplainable blessing. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

+PHc said...

You've never had a love go away/awry mindlessly?

I've had the best love experiences I believe to be possible, and then something has gone wrong - and the bottom dropped out - but not because of any trying to make explanations - just lost without expectation. A sudden hurt so strong a wall comes down - but not from logic, or even attempted analysis.

Oh, for the relief of that pleasure again... without that unexplainable fear.

I'm glad you have it.

Broede's Broodings said...

Oh, +phc, I've had short-term infatuations. But only one long-lasting genuine true love. And it deepened year after year after year. Right up to the time that Jeanne died. And maybe in some ways it's still deepening. And I'm not afraid to love again. Because my experience has been good. Maybe I was just lucky. I've loved long-term only once. And now I have the opportunity to make it relatively long-term twice. I'm enough of a believer (perhaps naive or stupid) to be optimistic enough to think we'll succeed. What have I got to lose? If I don't try, I won't know. I feel compelled to live, and to love. And to chance the hurt if I fail. --Jim Broede