Tuesday, January 22, 2008

...for the rest of my life.

I didn’t learn how to fall in love properly until after I turned 30. That is, with a woman. With another human being. Oh, I was in love before that. With politics. With social activism and other causes. And, of course, with writing. But it wasn’t until I met Jeanne that I was truly smitten. With love. Then for the next almost 40 years, that was my thing. Being in love. With dear Jeanne. Right up to the day she died. And I’m still in love with Jeanne’s spirit. Always will be. But I’ve by no means stopped loving. I’m in love again. With another woman. I was born to love. I can’t help myself. I have to love. One other. Maybe almost as dearly as I loved Jeanne. That’s why I was put on Earth. And Jeanne knows it, too. Jeanne wants me to be a lover for the rest of my life. –Jim Broede

No comments: