Thursday, January 24, 2008

...if they set their minds to it.

People feel sorry for themselves. Often enough. It happens almost every day on the Alzheimer's message boards. Care-givers. So very unhappy and sad. I can't blame them. Some are stuck in terrible situations. But still, I tend to tell them try to find some degree of happiness. To compensate. To offset the sadness. At least for a little while. How or what -- well, I really can't say. It's up to the individual. But once it's determined, I say, go for it. Full throttle. Maybe by falling in love. Not necesarily with somebody. But with something. An activity. Or by becoming enraptured by nature. Or absorbed in good books. Some aspect of wonderful life. Yes, so many ways to get respite from sadness and grief. Think about it, I tell the unhappy. I'll bet everyone can come up with a few good ideas...if they set their minds to it. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

laughingwolf said...

stress/depression sometimes overwhelm many folks... on the whole, i agree with your thoughts