Sunday, January 27, 2008

Wait for real love.

I'm so thankful that I didn't marry before I got into my 30s. I wasn't ready. And I didn't know the right woman. All the women I knew then would have been disasters. For both of us. We weren't suited for each other. I was beginning to think that maybe I would never get married. That didn't scare me. But then Jeanne happened along. Out of the blue. Divorced. With two kids. Nine years my senior. Wow! I was smitten. Well worth the wait. Goes to show. Don't be in a hurry. Wait for real love. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I think it's OK to live alone in solitude and to try to be happy that way rather than to get tangled in the wrong relationship. If two people really genuinely want to love each other, go for it. If only one is willing -- well, then don't even try. It's not worth the effort. Better to live in solitude. Maybe with a pet dog or a pet cat. Or both. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Dear Anonymous:

You submitted a request for personal information from me that I do not wish to answer here. But I am willing to give you the answer privately. First, however, you will have to provide me with a private email address, and preferably your name, too. And for what purpose you wish to use that information. And I think the answer is something different than what you seem to think it is. --Jim Broede