Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fear tends to dissipate...

I think I am less fearful than I used to be. I have more confidence. It's easier for me to believe what I want to believe as I get older. I would have hated to die young. Because I had not experienced what I think I needed to experience. And maybe I still haven't. But I have had more time to try to get it right. And I still may be far, far from getting it right. But I appreciate the time I have been given. To live. And to love. Every day is a bonus. The difference between the younger and the older me is that I'm learning more and more to take life one day at a time. And to fully savor each day. The now. And not to get ahead of myself. In my younger days, I spent too much time looking ahead to tomorrow. Maybe that was why I was more fearful then. Fear tends to dissipate when one wears blinders and focuses on today. --Jim Broede

No comments: