Saturday, February 9, 2008

God is life...and the ability to love.

Yes, I think I got pretty much carried away all my life. Just this sense of being alive. Conscious. It is an incredible feeling. And I've always had this desire to want to live forever. I used to dread death. Because I don't want to lose awareness. But I am coming to accept on blind faith that life is forever -- for those who want forever. Maybe I trick myself. Fool myself. Maybe this momentary consciousness is all there is. It just disappears. Like in the snap of fingers. But I don't want it to be like that. And so I force myself to believe what I want to believe. That whatever I believe is possible. I choose my own reality. That is why I can fall in love. I choose to. Maybe that's the definition of god. Consciousness. Awareness. Maybe we're all a little fragment of god. One little speck of god. God is life...and the ability to love. --Jim Broede

No comments: