Saturday, February 2, 2008

I would be unhittable.

We've been getting snow flurries here today. It was a good January. With very little new snow. Only several inches. It was almost too cold to snow. But we've been warming up a bit. And that may lead to more snow. I think Chicago had 10 inches of snow the other day. But that snow missed us completely. Often, our heaviest snow month here is March. When the cold and warmer air starts to mix and the moisture turns to snow. Big, heavy wet snow. The kind of snow that makes for good snowballs. I can make snowballs and pretend that I am a baseball pitcher. Throwing curveballs and fastballs and knuckleballs. All kinds of deceptive pitches. I can pretend I am pitching for the Chicago Cubs. And my pitches would melt before they get to the batter. I would be unhittable. --Jim Broede

No comments: