Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pleasures...one day at a time.

The more I think of it, the more I love living life one day at a time. I'm in the habit now. I got up today. And I told myself. It's Tuesday. A day in February. It's not even important whether it's the 12th or some other number. The important thing is that it's another day in my life. And I feel good about it. At this moment, kitty Chenuska has come to visit me. She jumps to the soft cushion on my desk. And settles down. And kitty Loverboy sits atop a dictionary on the floor. Soon he'll come up and snuggle with Chenuska. Our family of three together. Living today. Loving. Feeling the pulse of life. The day feels special. Maybe because we are all alive and in love. With each other. I look outdoors. To the snow drifts. The frozen lake. A cloudy day. Still below freezing. But well above zero. And what will I do today? Well, among other things, I'll write. Love letters. Expressions of love. And I'll walk. And mail letters. And pay bills. And walk again. Maybe 10 miles today. And I'll think. About how nice it is to drift through life. Tasting pleasures...one day at a time. --Jim Broede

No comments: