Sunday, February 3, 2008

Thank you, god.

Brooding out loud can be dangerous. Oh, rewarding, too. But think about what I do in this blog? I allow myself to say what's on my mind. And I don't always weigh the consequences. That maybe some of what I have to say will offend someone. Maybe annoy a whole lot of people. But I'm willing to take that risk. Just to share my reflections. With anyone that happens by. Maybe because it gives me a sense of freedom. Like I'm going out for a stroll in the world. Naked. I guess that's what I like to be. Naked. I expose my mind. My heart. When I'm in love with life. Or with someone. Or with anything. I tend to blurt it out. I share what's moving me today. My inspiration. In a way, it's like I'm writing a letter to god. Here's what is on my mind today, god. And by the way, god, I think you are a good god. A god of love. You have blessed me with so much love. For almost 40 years, with Jeanne. And still, the love is not over. You keep blessing me god. You allow me to feel good and happy. Daily. You create circumstances that keep me out of depression. You make me feel like a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover. You allow me to proclaim that I am happy and in love. You allow me to live my fantasy. As if it's real. You bless me with this feeling that I am in love. Thank you, god. --Jim Broede

No comments: