Sunday, February 3, 2008

That's getting close to perfection.

I like the gentle sway of the dance. To feel so loose. I think I become too self-conscious when I try to dance. I should just forget myself. And dance like a fool. Just let myself go. Completely. Like I do when I write. I can feel the physical dance inside me. But when it comes to actual physical performance -- well, that's a more difficult task. I have to learn to be as relaxed physically as I am mentally/emotionally. I think that is why I like to free my spirit. Separate it from my body, in a sense. This notion of a free spirit. What does it mean? Really, I have to better learn to blend my spirit and my physical body. Into physical motion. I think I do it quite well when I am walking and jogging and running. I develop a rhythm. A little like a dance. My spirit and my body are one. Working together. Complementing each other. Perhaps the sex act, at its best, is a smooth flow of the spirit and the physical body. A simultaneous flow. A perfect blend. The total being has to come together. I think a good dancer would probably make a good lover. Because a dancer learns to blend the spirit with physical motion. Some people are naturally adept when it comes to physical expression. Others are more adept at spiritual expression. When the two are balanced and blended -- well, that's getting close to perfection. --Jim Broede

No comments: