Wednesday, February 6, 2008

For the taking...for the savoring.

I have something meaningful. Precious love. And I appreciate what I have. This sense of love. And I reflect. That maybe it's only when we want more and more and more that we get bogged down. Like those millionaires who still want more. More money. More power. More celebrity. Instead of being satisfied with what they have. The plentiful want more. Often for themselves. They have insatiable appetites. I think that I have learned to savor what I've got. Love. The love I have today. I learned to savor what I had with Jeanne. Even in her waning years. I still had so much. And at the end, I wanted a few minutes more. But when I stop to reflect, I still have Jeanne. The spirit that resides in me. And I still have the ability to love another. Love is always in my grasp. There for the taking...for the savoring. --Jim Broede

No comments: