Sunday, February 10, 2008

Works for me. Doesn't mean it'll work for others.

I like it when people try to talk and think their way out of depression. By taking control of their minds. Forcing happy thought. Positive thought. I know it's not easy. That it's terribly hard. That it almost seems impossible. Some experts say depression is often due to a chemical imbalance. Thus, medications. To try to bring things back into balance. But I suspect, that with some strong-willed people, it can be a case of mind over matter. I can't say that I ever experienced full-fledged depression. Maybe I'm blessed in that regard. I've been down in the dumps. For a while. But not what I would call downright depressed. When I'm down, I always start looking for ways to feel up again. Works for me. Doesn't mean it'll work for others. --Jim Broede

No comments: