Saturday, March 22, 2008

I don't like him.

I don't know whether it’s possible for me to love humanity as a whole. I think that’s hard for me to do. Maybe it’s too abstract for me. I’m of the notion that I have to take one individual at a time. To be focused on one. Totally. To get to know that one intimately. And then to learn to love unconditionally. The way god would love. For me to love humanity, I would have to establish conditions. Because I really don’t know humanity as a whole. I single out each one. One at a time. Maybe god would frown on that. Because I assume that god loves everyone. No exceptions. Even loves Hitler, I suppose. But I haven’t come around to proclaiming love for everyone. I can’t say that I love George Bush, for instance. I don’t hate him. But I don’t like him. --Jim Broede

No comments: