Sunday, March 30, 2008

...a price worth paying.

What is justice?

I suppose there’s no justice if there isn’t an afterlife.

After all, some people die at birth. Others die in the first or second year of life. Others live to ripe old ages. Some are healthy all their lives. Others are born with infirmities. Some are blessed. Others aren’t.

I suppose if there’s an afterlife, it all may even out in the long run. Right?

But what if there’s no afterlife? This is it. This is all there is.

Then it’s difficult making a case that there’s justice. That is, justice in this world. In this instant of life.

I’m thinking about this because I’ve given thought to auditing a college course titled, ‘What is justice?’

And the fact that some of us are born humans and others are born cows for slaughter – well, where’s the justice?

Maybe there’s justice in that we were all lower life forms before we were born humans. Is that it? And are there still higher forms of life that we can’t recognize because we are lower-form humans?

Are there many plateaus of life and life forms? Maybe we have to master the life form we are in now – that of a human – before we can pass to the next plateau.

And maybe those who die young automatically advance to the next plateau. Or maybe they are born again, as humans, and the next time they get a better roll of the dice. And things work out. And they live longer lives. Healthy lives.

Maybe, too, they are born on another planet in this vast cosmos. Born in another time. Or maybe the clock is some how turned back, and they have the opportunity to live the same life over again. In a different way.

Maybe those of us who want to live forever are granted our wish. Until we get tired of it all and don’t want to live any more.

So far, I have found life fascinating. I’m one who wants to live forever. But if living means suffering, then maybe I would change my mind. But if that suffering is interspersed with moments of happiness and bliss, then maybe the suffering is a price worth paying. –Jim Broede

1 comment:

Ben Abba said...

I am in the process of writing a book about people who had lived 150 years or more, such as Li Ching Yun, who died in 1933 at the age of 256 years. In my research of these supercentenarians, I found a few people that are still alive today who have surpassed 150 years. Of these incredible people, my focus is now on a living, breathing immortal whom I fully believe is nearly 2,800 years old.

My intentions was to find out how these amazing people survive for so many years. I fully believed that if we could model the lifestyle of these supercentenarians, we too could live a much longer and healthier life style.

From my research, I have put together a list of common traits of these supercentenarians. My top 7 items from this list are:
1. Beliefs
2. Love
3. Attitude
4. Energy
5. Exercise
6. Diet
7. Reduce the stress

I have summarized what I have found on my main blog:
www.Ben-Abba.com.

Check out the post "Summary of the Facts” when you get a chance and then my follow up book “Secrets of an Immortal - An Eyewitness Account of 2,800 Years of History”.