Thursday, May 1, 2008

...a better answer than bombers.

Maybe we need more rebellious people to right the wrongs perpetrated by racist societies. Maybe the subjugated and repressed peoples should become terrorists. Think about it. Maybe the Jews in Nazi Germany should have become terrorists right from the beginning. Even launched suicide attacks on the Nazis. Think of the havoc that could have been caused by 2,000 or 3,000 suicide bombers in the Deutchland. Better that than being herded off to concentration camps. Of course, I'm speaking with the benefit of hindsight. But I think the Jews have learned their lesson. They've got their own country now. And they really believe in defending themselves. Astutely. Effectively. Of course, what's needed is a two-state solution. The Jews and Palestinians living peacefully. Side by side. Maybe it'll happen some day. I'd like to think that's a better answer than suicide bombers. --Jim Broede

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that'll work. Just imagine, everyone terrorizing everyone else. Maybe you try to sympathize with...whoever.....but you seem to be actually trivializing some very serious abominations.

Geeze, you really must live in that coccoon. You seem out of touch. A romantic idealist?? A lover??? Hardly fits you, at all. I don't know....but I see your writings as becoming more and more unhealthy.

Broede's Broodings said...

Dear Anonymous:

You must learn to become an unconventional thinker. You must learn to use your imagination. You must learn to be a real romantic. Yes, you must learn to be a bit crazy. You are too much like a robot. Far too conventional. Yes, some day you must learn to live. To become a real individual. Then you will begin to understand what I am all about. --Jim Broede

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I am mostly unconventional, have a wonderful imagination, and am a romantic at heart. Being realistic does not make one a robot. I do not understand the comparison.

I am not even trying to understand what you are all about, even though it doesn't really seem so hard to see. I am simply responding to your comments. I am certainly relieved, that you are in no position to actually influence others, and that you seem content to "brood" here. Same as on the AA forum. No real action, but a lot of talk.

Broede's Broodings said...

No, anonymous lady, I don't believe you. You are a robot without even knowing you are a robot. You are conventional and unimaginative. We ain't operating on the same wavelengths. And maybe we are both thankful for that. You prefer your wavelength. And I prefer mine. Sounds to me like you are one of the snob ladies from the Alzheimer's message boards. One that finds it difficult to ignore me. You keep plugging in here, don't you? Why is that? --Jim Broede

Anonymous said...

I heard you died and hell had a new inhabitant. Still here eh. Too bad.

Anonymous said...

That's right, get down to name-calling. As I said, I was addressing your comments. That is why you post them in this public forum, isn't it?? To see what others think?? What makes you think I am a woman?

You actually condone terrorism, while at the same time, reject it. You condemn racism, at the same time, practicing it. You defend one's feelings, while chastising others' same feelings.

Broede's Broodings said...

Sounds like some of you ladies have come out of hibernation. At least after a long winter you haven't forgotten where to find food for good thought. But you don't sound fully awake yet. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

One of you nice ladies asked how I can tell that you are a lady. Well, that's easy. I'm very perceptive. --Jim Broede