Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hagel for vice president.

If I'm Barack Obama, I'd give serious consideration to picking a Republican as my running mate. And I think Senator Chuck Hagel of Nebraska would be the right choice. Because Hagel has dared to challenge George Bush on the Iraq war. He says the war was a folly. A serious mistake. And that we should be withdrawing troops post haste. Anyway, I think it would show that Obama wants to unite Americans. And not to continually carry on partisan politics. Republicans and Democrats should be working together as a team to correct the many errors and costly blunders of the Bush administration. When Bush took office, he declared that he would be a uniter. He lied about that. He became the divider. He missed an opportunity to pull us Americans together. With his deeply partisan style of politics. Obama, I think, genuinely wants to bring us together. He's willing to work with all sides to devise policies that fix problems. In our economy. In the health care system. And in that grand debacle, the costly and obscene and immoral war in Iraq. --Jim Broede

No comments: