Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

I'll tell you what I like about Barack Obama's campaign for the Democratic nomination for president. He's attracting young people. Lots of 'em. The under 35 crowd. And first-time voters. I'm an older voter. Been around for 72 years. I've seen lots of elections. And I'm gonna vote for Obama, too. As a way of getting out of our national nightmare. The George Bush Era. McCain is really McBush. Just a wee bit little different version of our horrid nightmare. I want to be able to dream again. Of a nice America. Where we work for the common good. For an end to preemptive war. For universal health care. For education benefits for our young people and our veterans. For more spending on our nation's infrastructure. And for far less spending on national defense. And the narrowing of the gap between the rich and poor. Yes, when it comes to our national politics, I see a ray of hope. Maybe for the first time since the John F. Kennedy Admnistration. Maybe I'll live long enough to see the turn-around. Wouldn't that be wonderful? --Jim Broede

No comments: