Friday, June 20, 2008

Love for life...and others.

I think about how nice it'd be to live forever. Happily. And in good health. So one feels good. But there's a possibility there is no forever. No guarantees. Used to be I wanted guarantees. So somewhere along the journey of life, I decided I'll believe what I want to believe. Even if it's wrong. And preposterous. I'm going to believe in forever. And in love. So I am trying to live that way. I put any doubt way, way back in the recesses of my mind. And I sort of create my own reality. Maybe that's why I am a writer. Writing allows me to create. To put things down. In black and white. I create words. And thoughts. In a sense, I create myself. And I give dimension to what's around me. For instance, love. The depth of love I have for life...and others. --Jim Broede

No comments: