Tuesday, June 10, 2008

No more billionaires.

I have the cure for America's economic woes. Get rid of the Republican mentality and policies. Which rewards the rich. And widens the gap between the rich and the poor. I'd narrow the gap. Significantly. And I'd see to it that every American is guaranteed the basic necessities of life. Such as health care. Through a universal health care plan. I'd increase the minimum wage. Significantly. Yes, I'd find a way to eliminate poverty. I'd improve our nation's infrastructure. And I'd have a large public works program. In other words, create jobs and projects aimed at serving the common good. To pay for all this stuff, I'd increase taxes on the rich. I'd eliminate tax loopholes on corporations. I'd put a heavy tax on windfall profits, especially those reaped by energy companies. I'd require citizens to do public service. And I'd greatly reduce the defense budget, and spend the savings on domestic programs. I might even consider making it illegal to be a billionaire. --Jim Broede

No comments: