Thursday, June 12, 2008

To make my point.

I don't trust the news media. And hey, that's how I made my living. Writing for newspapers. Almost all my life. Until I retired 10 years ago. I really don't miss it. Because I don't like the direction it's taken. Entertainment. Tidbits. Sound bites. Virtually everything in capsule form. Like what I'm writing here. No depth. You'll be able to read this in less than a minute. If it were longer, you wouldn't read it. We're dumbed down. The writer. And the reader. Equally dumbed down. And often negative. Like the pundits on TV. But that sells. That lures in the readers. And the viewers. Fewer readers though. Because reading is becoming a lost art. So is writing. Soon we may be illiterate. Relying only on the spoken word. And pictures. Have you noticed here? I'm trying to be a man of few words. Few written words. To make my point. --Jim Broede

No comments: