Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Could that be?

Sometimes, I feel like I'm being stalked. By a handful of women. Maybe two or three. Women who don't like me. Nasty women. Mean women. They send me letters. E-mails, really. And they call me names. Bad names. And they collect my words. Quotes. Often picking them up out of context. Maybe they aren't all women. I don't know for sure. But they sound like women. Women I have encountered. Sometimes on a message board. They give me clues. That they don't like something I've said or written. And even years later, they send me the quotes. Strange, isn't it? That's why I think I'm being stalked. That's why I'm beginning to insist that they identify themselves. Could be they are sick. It doesn't seem natural to me that they stick around. Or keep coming back. If they dislike me or detest me, I'd think that if they were mentally healthy, they'd just let it go. Get on with the rest of their lives. Forget me. Rather than keep letting me know of their discontent. Their obsession. Maybe they feel rejected. Maybe that's why they keep coming back. Could that be? --Jim Broede

No comments: