Saturday, August 30, 2008

Doing the right thing.

If Barack Obama doesn't get elected president of the United States, it will be a big disappointment. Speaking personally. A big let down. Maybe even tragic. Equivalent to how I felt the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated. Like the bottom had dropped out of the world. A time of gloom and doom. And I think that's the point at which my country, my nation went awry. And the direction of this country has been on a downward spiral ever since. I think things would have been so much different if Kennedy had lived. If that bullet had missed him. But now I feel as if Kennedy is being resurrected. In a sense. By the coming of Barack Obama. I feel so good about this man. That if this nation elects Obama, we'll regain the soul we lost when Kennedy died. Makes me a believer. That all will be well again. But first, we have to get Obama elected. Then the flow will finally be underway. But what if he loses? What if McCain is elected? That leaves us essentially with another 4 years of George Bush. Well, then heaven help us. Because then our decline will continue. I want to have faith in my country. I want to feel good about America. But for that to happen, we Americans have to do the right thing. --Jim Broede

No comments: