Sunday, August 31, 2008

To make a visitor feel welcome.

Oh, so many Paradises in this world. And I keep discovering more all the time. The Italian Alps, for instance. Little villages. Marlengo and Sutrio. Yes, I have lived. This summer. In Paradise. In love. Quaint bread and breakfast places. Chalets. Go to the balcony. And one sees the alps. Huge. Magnificent. And oh, so green. With pine trees. And fields so smooth they look like immense golf greens. And brooks and streams. Steep, steep climbs when one goes out for supper in the evening. And the food. Like nectar. And ambrosia. The Italians know how to eat. Like gods. The best of everything. Yes, I am in love. With Italy. And with an Italian. Little wonder that I am in Paradise. I've been to Venice, too. And Trieste. To the land of enchantment. The land of romance. I will continue to travel. Back and forth. To places in and near Italy. Maybe again in December. And next spring. Ah, what a life. And at my home in Minnesota, I'll hoist an Italian flag. To make a visitor feel welcome. --Jim Broede

No comments: