Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I like it, Sarah Goodnight.

Someone called Sarah Goodnight posted this message on a New York Times web site. The opinion resonates. I like it. --Jim Broede

"It’s not about feminism and motherhood. It is about issues. I believe all women have the moral integrity to make decisions about their wombs. I believe that we can not 'blink' in regards to foreign policy. We need face to face diplomacy. I believe that book banning is a threat to our freedom. I believe that purchasing of guns should be controlled by simple rules like monthly application delays, banning of assault rifles, etc. I believe that any presidential/vice presidential candidate should be better educated than me. I believe that we can not drill more. We must move beyond our dependency on fossil fuels. I believe that abstinance only sexual education only increases the chances of AIDS and unwanted pregnancy. I believe in separation of church and state. I believe that the Iraq war is wrong and the result of lies and misleading propaganda. I believe that Sarah Palin is the antithesis of everything I believe in. I will not support or applaud a person just because of their gender."

1 comment:

skericheri said...

Sarah Goodnight should consider changing her name to Sara Goodmorning.

Her post on the New York Times web site should be viewed as a wake-up call to as well as an invitation for American voters to consider the issues instead of the anatomy of a candidate and cast their vote accordingly.