Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'd rather be known as a lover.

I like what I'm doing. Living. Loving. A day doesn't go by without me feeling alive. And in love. For a relatively long time now. Since I retired 10 years ago, I've had time. More time to focus on what I want to be. And what I want to do. To be me. A romantic idealist. A liberal. A free-thinker. And not least, a lover. Finally, as I am about to begin my 73rd year on Earth, I have a genuine sense of life. The thrill of being alive and in love. I wanted to be that from the beginning, I suspect. But I didn't fully know it until recent years. Now I know there's nothing better than to be in love. To be able to savor the day. Every day. I used to think that my primary mission in life was to be a writer. To pursue what's commonly called a career. But I'd rather be known as a lover. --Jim Broede

No comments: