Wednesday, September 10, 2008

...makes me feel divinely inspired.

I'm making progress. Getting organized. Little things. Did two loads of wash last night. Put my oven on automatic clean overnight. Scoured the kitchen sink. Scrubbed most of the floors. And in recent days, I've hung 20 to 30 birdhouses and windchimes on a wire that extends from the garage to a tree on the east side of my lot, running across the yard. And the garage and an adjoining storage room have been cleaned up and organized. I've cleaned the kitchen counters. I cleaned the back door. Took a broom and swept away cobwebs under the eaves of the house. My gosh, what has gotten into me? Makes me feel I'm getting things done. Living in a little bit of neater and cleaner environs. Maybe I'm practicing what I preach. Making sure my surroundings are a bit more relaxing. Creating a sense of peace and calm. The very thing I've been urging others to do. Taking control. Maybe of only the little things over which I have control. But maybe these are the big things. Because they can affect my mood. Positively. Gives me a sense of accomplishment. Of getting things done. And yes, I've been writing. I've posted almost 40 threads so far this month right here in my blog. And I've been posting pretty much on a daily basis on the Alzheimer's message boards. And I'm writing love letters. And thinking about being in love. And maybe all this makes me feel divinely inspired. --Jim

No comments: