Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sad, isn't it?

Polling shows that 13 percent of registered voters in America think Barack Obama is a Muslim, and 16 percent aren't certain about Obama's religious affiliation. Of course, he's a Christian. But it goes to show the ignorance of potential voters. And that might influence their votes. Against Obama. Hey, there's nothing wrong about being a Muslim. But we all know that there's some degree of distrust and even hostility towards Muslims. By far too many people. And then there's the matter of racism. It still exists. Obama will lose some votes merely because he's black. Or because he's suspected of being a Muslim. I guess that's a peril of living in a democracy. One can be a bigot, a racist and an idiot -- and still have the right to cast a vote. In a close election, that could be the voting bloc that decides the outcome. Sad, isn't it? --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Today I woke up and decided it's funny that 13 percent of voters think Barack Obama is a Muslim. Because I don't want to be sad. Anyway, I can't control what's on these people's minds. Because I don't even know who they are. So I might as well laugh. I suppose I could even learn to laugh if John McCain got elected president and Sarah Palin took over before the end of his term. Yes, better to laugh than cry. --Jim