Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jesus had a sense of humor.

I'm no Christian. Rather, I'm a free-thinker. I believe in god. But it's my own concept of god. I don't buy into organized and orthodox religions. I think Jesus was a great teacher. A great philosopher. I don't believe he was divine. Great, yes. Not divine. And I think it's nice to try to emulate him. If more of us did, we'd have a better world. The irony of it is that many atheists and agnostics come much closer to following Jesus' teaching than do many, many Christians. Some of the worst offenders are Christians. By the way, my god saves everyone. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, agnostics, atheists. You name it. Even Republicans. Personally, I think that if Jesus saw the state of modern-day Christianity, he'd laugh. Because I think Jesus had a sense of humor. --Jim Broede

No comments: