Thursday, November 27, 2008

Yes, things do get better.

A woman on the Alzheimer's message boards asked tonight if things ever get better. I haven't answered her yet. But, of course, things get better. Just give 'em time. We all have ups and downs in our lives. And I guess every time I've had a down, it got better. Good gosh, for 73 years. Nothing has remained down forever. Heck, I've seen loved ones die. And I grieved about it. But still, life goes on. Happiness returns. And at the moment I'm about as happy as I've ever been. Will I ever be down and sad again? Yes, if I live long enough. That's the nature of life. But the secret of happiness is to appreciate the moment. Don't start fretting about what may happen tomorrow. Live today fully. And learn to make the best of bad situations. Anyway, things are better because I'm in love. I gladly accept my fate. The fate of being in love. On my walk tonight, I imagined that I was dancing and singing. I guess that is just about as good as doing it. And I'm also writing a love letter. Yes, things do get better and better and better. --Jim Broede

No comments: