Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More proof that I am religious.

I think I'm religious. In the unconventional sense. I like to fantasize. To believe in spirits. Even in an afterlife. I think it's romantic. To believe that life goes on forever. And I believe in love. And in destiny. But I don't believe what preachers and theologians tell me. I'm able to reach my own conclusions. I say to hell with orthodoxy. And to hell with organized religion. As for god -- well, I believe in something called god. Albeit, god is hard to define. Maybe impossible. But I like the notion of a creator. And a god of love. Seems to me that's what makes the world go round. Love. When I am in love, I am in Paradise. Nothing feels better than love. Maybe love more than anything else makes me religious. I'm not sure that I can fully define love. That would be a little like trying to define god. I suspect that a full understanding of love and god occurs only in a spiritual realm. In another dimension. Beyond the physical world. I think that anything I can imagine is possible. Absolutely no limits. Finest proof of that is me. The fact that I'm convinced that I'm real. Not just a figment of someone's imagination. I have real thoughts. Consciousness. Amazing. That I can even put this pondering into words. Meaningful words. At least, meaningful to me. And yes, I can even cultivate a loving relationship. And write a love letter every night. More proof that I am religious. --Jim Broede

No comments: