Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Beyond a doubt.

A lady wrote to me. Called me a liar. Because I said I can walk on water. Well, I can. I ain't no liar. I can, if I believe I can. That's all it takes. Believing. This guy Jesus says that's all it takes. Belief. And I believe Jesus. That doesn't mean that I'm gonna demonstrate. Because I have to believe beyond an iota of doubt. Even Jesus' closest disciples couldn't muster that unquestioning, total faith. But I'm convinced beyond a doubt that I could walk on water -- if only I muster the faith that Jesus said is necessary. Jesus was an honest man. Totally honest. Not the least bit a liar. If he said it can be done by we mere mortals -- well, then it has to be true. I can do it. And so can you and everyone. As long as we truly believe it. Beyond a doubt. --Jim Broede

No comments: