Thursday, January 8, 2009

Keeping sane in a crazy world.

Sure, I can be a smart aleck. I certainly like to play the role. I can be lots of things. I like to be funny. Sometimes in an obnoxious way. I'm aware of what I'm doing. Sometimes, I do it just to annoy people. Other times, to make light of situations that shouldn't be taken so seriously. I'm not necessarily being a smart aleck to be cruel. I just want to let people know that I'm not gonna be forced to be serious. I'm exercising my freedom. To be lighthearted. I might even laugh at a funeral. Because I'll remember the deceased for being funny. Anyway, I don't like to mourn. I'd rather rejoice and celebrate at a funeral. Sure beats crying and lamenting. Occasionally, people post comments here. With the utmost of seriousness. So serious it makes me laugh. I try to get them to look at themselves. To see how funny they are. I think it's an art. To be able to laugh at one's self. I do it all the time. It keeps me sane in a crazy world. --Jim Broede

No comments: