Sunday, January 4, 2009

We make each other better.

Some days I feel superior. And I make no apologies for that. It's a nice feeling. To feel on top of the world. Able to accomplish almost anything. I'm confident. And in love. And so I let myself go. Maybe that makes me sound egotistical. But so be it. After all, I am superior. Not necessarily better than anyone else. Because we're all unique beings. No two exactly alike. But on superior days, I have a sense of being myself. Being me. Being I. Being Jim. That turns some people off. They suggest that I come across as better than everyone else. But they're wrong. Oh, I don't want to be like others. I just want to be me. Others can be themselves. I really don't want them to be me, or like me. I'm in love with someone. A woman that is unlike me in many, many ways. She's superior to me in all sorts of ways. And I'm superior to her, too, in other ways. But together, we make a good match. A good blend. A good balance. We make each other better. --Jim Broede

No comments: