Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Paradise makes all things possible.

I'm a firm believer that one can create Paradise. Because Paradise is concocted within one's soul and mind. One might call it a cocoon. It's sort of a retreat. That one can escape to. If not for fulltime, at least part of a day. For a few hours. And yes, there's no better place to get respite than in Paradise. Often, it's achieved with a loved one. Or maybe just in solitude. With one's self. Or with god. And this cocoon called Paradise can be created in virtually any place. Even in hell. I suspect that Nelson Mandela even experienced a life in Paradise during his 17 years in a South African prison. Actually, it may be where he cultivated the art of forgiveness. While in Paradise. I know of what I speak. Because I've been to Paradise. Often. I know how to get there. I haven't been able to stay in Paradise permanently. Maybe never will. But hey, all it takes is a few minutes. And that replenishes one's spirit. Makes it possible to even live in hell. --Jim Broede

No comments: