Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The power of words.

Every day I do the same thing. Think. Think about lots of things. Different things. In a sense, thinking is a routine for me. But I have so very many thoughts -- that it adds variety to my life. I don't know what I'll be thinking about next. Sometimes, I'm surprised by a thought. Pleasantly surprised. If I just let my mind wander, it'll take me to all sorts of places. Exotic places. Crazy places. Some days, I have a sense of adventure. And my thoughts take me on a journey. To places I've never been to before. Makes me feel like an explorer. Makes me aware that there are no limits to thought. I'm free to think anything I want. Absolutely no shackles on me. I can be daring. And don't necessarily have to keep my thoughts to myself. I can jot them down. Put them in a blog. Yes, share 'em. With varying results. Some people like my thoughts. Others don't. Many, I suppose, are indifferent. I've cultivated some friendships this way. Also, I've made some people angry. Just with words. Shows the power of words. They can win friends. And enemies, too. --Jim Broede

No comments: