Saturday, March 21, 2009

Some would rather die than live.

I've avoided depression all my life. Which is remarkable. Because my mother had depression. My father had it, too. To the point of committing suicide. And my brother and my sister have spent much of their lives in depression. In my case, maybe I'm not depressed because I'm too busy dealing with my multiple anxieties. Such as the fear of becoming depressed. I also have a fear of heights. And flying, to some degree. If I had to parachute out of a plane, I'd die of fright, probably before I left the plane, but certainly on the way down. I think we all have a fear of dying. And ironic as it may seem, some people even have a fear of living. That's one fear I've avoided. Yes, some people would rather die than live. Some depressed people, for instance. --Jim Broede

No comments: