Monday, March 30, 2009

What I don't know.

I'm not easily offended. Or so I think. Quite possibly that's one way I stay upbeat. Positive. Happy. If I let little things bother me, I'd live on the edge. I'd become irritated. Annoyed. Ironically, that's what I do to some people. I irritate and annoy 'em. I try not to. Really. Some find that hard to believe. It's that the nature of some humans is to be easily irritated and annoyed. They have set ways. And they don't want their lives disrupted by alien thoughts and ideas. And by golly, I have slants on various issues that rub some the wrong way. They're opinions. Only opinions. About politics. Religion. Social matters. You name it. I try not to foist my ways on others. I just ask, have you thought about (whatever the issue) it this way or that way? I like to start a dialogue. And maybe some people construe my motive as wanting to change their minds. Not necessarily so. Often, I'm just trying to start a discussion. Like I would in a classroom. If I were a teacher. Or for that matter, a student. I'm trying to learn. To determine if my thinking of the moment is right or wrong. I'm continually evolving. I don't like to be locked in. Static. I'm ever changing. To some degree. I'm not exactly the same person today that I was yesterday. I'm really quite curious. And I'm not afraid to come across as stupid. Because in many ways, that's what I am. Very stupid. The more I learn, the more I become aware of what I don't know. --Jim Broede

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry jimbo, but you do get annoyed. Really, you may find that hard to believe but I do have proof of that. You are set in your ways by golly we have all seen it time and time again. Just like this repeated post. You just keep rehashing the same stuff over and over. You also have stated over and over your views on politics, religion, social matters. You name it you grace this blog with it all the time.
You may well like to start a dialogue, just trying to start a discussion, yet if someone disagrees with you, you refuse to post it. Your views are exactly the same day after day. Try re-reading all your postings. You will see just how many times you repeat yourself.

Broede's Broodings said...

Is that so? --Jim

sally ann said...

:) yes it is so. Don't believe me?
Go ahead, re-read. You state you like to read, read your own writings. I will wait.
I could do it for you but I would hate to take that pleasure away from you.

Broede's Broodings said...

I'm being facetious with my three-word question, Sally Ann. Of course, I repeat myself to some extent. I rehash some of my favorite issues. Heck, I must have 1,000 postings, or more. All sorts of topics. And I have favorites that I keep coming back to. Certain themes. This is my blog . I'm not out to please you, or anyone for that matter, other than myself. I don't kow-tow to an editor. I write as I please. I even like to be grammatically incorrect sometimes. And to write in short sentences. Often, one or two word sentences. That's my style. I really don't care if you come to this blog or not. If you think I'm repetitious, and you don't like it -- well, then don't keep coming back. Don't waste your time. This is not required reading. You aren't compelled to come here. I'm fascinated that some people come just to complain. And to be nasty. And insulting. Not you. But a few others. I guess that's their style. Their thing. It takes all kinds to make up this world. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

A woman posting here has been using the popular name 'anonymous.' But now she has decided to use the name Michael. Makes me wonder why she chooses to use a man's name. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

This is getting more interesting all the time, Michael. Are you telling me in your unpublished comments that you've had a sex change operation? You'd make an interesting case study. You still sound more like a woman than a man. Has anybody ever told you that? --Jim

Michael (Rumson NJ) said...

Nope all male then and still. None of your replies surprise me. Point still made there, you do get annoyed. You are still annoyed yet myself and others that read this sit back and laugh. Its also so interesting to see you reply to things others cant see. I/we all realize your twist on things is most likely not to be anyway close to what I have (or others you refuse to post yet reply) written. Thank you so much for proving my point.

Broede's Broodings said...

Michael/Michele/Anonymous:

I don't know about you. But I'm having fun. --Jim

Anonymous said...

LMFAO Michael 1 Broede 0