Monday, May 11, 2009

Texas ain't my idea of Paradise.

I don't want to sound un-American. But I wouldn't have much difficulty learning to live in another country. Especially, if English is the prevailing language. But even if it wern't, I think I could still adjust. I'd just not be able to converse with a large number of people. Anyway, I'm always learning. I like to travel. Albeit, I don't like to be on the move a whole lot. l like to stay in one place for a sustained period. Gives me time to get acquainted. To feel at ease. I returned from Scotland a week ago. Only 10 days there. I'd like to have stayed a year. The Scots are gracious. Friendly. In fact, no matter where I go, people are basically very nice. Cordial. Welcoming. Of course, that also goes in the USA. But I do feel uneasy in Texas. The governor there recently talked about maybe it'd be a good idea if Texas seceded from the union. That's what I mean. Sounds a bit crazy to me. I've been in Texas. And I've heard lots of crazy talk. And that's the state where George Bush got his political start. He's returned there, too, now that he's left the White House. Guess Bush feels comfortable in Texas. I'd go to other places to find comfort. Texas ain't my idea of Paradise. --Jim Broede

No comments: