Thursday, May 7, 2009

To feel whole. And oh, so alive.

I like to walk. It's a nice way to explore the universe. Especially here on Earth. This past week I've been walking in Scotland. Along the waterfront in Edinburgh. And down what's know as the Royal Mile. Beautiful architecture. Buildings out of fairy tales. And then walking in the Scottish Highlands. In the moors. Along the lakes. In the mountains. Walking in and around castles. And with a dear, dear friend. Oh, I am living. And loving. And walking. Now that I'm home in Minnesota, I am walking up to 10 miles a day. Maybe 70 miles some weeks. Often, I feel as if I am walking on a cloud. I never walk alone. In that always, there seems to be a guiding spirit. Maybe the Creator, himself. I took to walking and running about 40 years ago. To relax. To stay in shape. I've learned to make walking a pleasure. A time to think. To reflect. To feel physical and spiritual. To feel whole. And oh, so alive. --Jim Broede

No comments: