Friday, June 19, 2009

I'd rather know too much.

I like the way personalities blend. Or don't blend. Interesting, isn't it? Some personalities are more dominating than others. And we have a mix of introverts and extroverts. A mish-mash. And we reveal ourselves in different ways. I think it's exciting. Discovering people. I'm intrigued by the different personalities. I like to draw 'em out. That's been my nature. Maybe because I'm a writer. And most of my life, I've written about people. And their opinions. And motives. People really do fascinate me. I like to learn what makes them tick. That can be scary for some people. Because that makes me something of a detective. And some people tend to be not very revealing. Almost secretive. But others are very open. At least with me. Others, of course, get a bit annoyed. They want me to be more restrained. To follow their rules. Often enough, I do. But not always. Because it's difficult for me to stifle my curiosity. I like to know. All sorts of things. Maybe that means I want to know too much. But hey, I'd rather know too much than too little. --Jim Broede

No comments: