Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm a biased white male.

I sure hope that Sonia Sotomayor would make better decisions on the Supreme Court than many, many white males. And Sotomayor believes it. She's said it. Many times. And that doesn't make her a racist. I have no problem with her comment. She ain't any more a racist than Newt Gingrich, who castigated her for being a racist. Albeit, he's backed off a little bit. Anyway, everybody brings some bias to the Supreme Court. You can't tell me that the other justices aren't biased, one way or another. Gingrich doesn't like Sotomayor because she doesn't think like him. Thank gawd. I think he's a stupid white male. And Sotomayor is an intelligent Latina. Much smarter and more savvy than Gingrich. Sotomayor would make a great justice. Gingrich would be a buffoon. Of course, I'm a biased white male. --Jim Broede

No comments: