Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On happiness.

I know people that are unhappy. They just trudge through life. Not sure if they really want to live. But apparently they do. Because they don't have the gumption to do away with themselves. I take that as a good sign. Maybe they think if they wait around, happiness will come. Maybe out of the clear blue. Could be, too, that some unhappy people rather enjoy being unhappy. Sort of a masochistic thing. Seems a bit weird to me. But to each his own. Also, seems to me that some people don't consciously know they are unhappy. They think they're happy, when they aren't. They deceive themselves. And they avoid defining happiness. Because it's too hard. And if they did, they'd become aware that they are unhappy. As for me, I'm happy only when I'm in love. And it seems to me that I've been in love forever. With something or someone. But mostly with life. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Because they don't have the gumption to do away with themselves"???
Do you even read back what you write??

Good grief, you should stick to just psychoanalyzing yourself, and not try to say what other people feel or thing. Way, way off.

Broede's Broodings said...

Hey, you don't sound very happy, dear anonymous. Cheer up. Look at the positive side of life. Quit complaining. Get with it. You'll be a lot happier. Your psychoanalyst, Jim.