Thursday, August 20, 2009

I tend to sink. Like a rock.

I wonder if I was abducted by aliens overnight. I'd like to be. But instead, it was probably just a weird dream. I had a sense that I was being examined. Made well, maybe. And then I was released. In a life raft. On the high seas. On the assumption that I would be found. And returned to where I belong. I was never frightened during the ordeal. Actually, it wasn't an ordeal. It was rather pleasant. Maybe I was being implanted. With a relaxation gene. I've been trying to learn to relax enough to float on my back. On water, of course. I'm told one needs to relax in order to accomplish such a feat. My goal is to float for an hour. Which means I have to achieve total relaxation. In a sense, I must lose my mind. Divorce my mind from my physical being. When I think, I tend to sink. Like a rock. --Jim Broede

No comments: